Top 5 Tuesday: lonny sept/oct issue

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lonny .... need I say more? One of the best decor mags out there, and even though I wish I could afford it in print, they made it super easy to clip and save and reference their lovely finds. (thank you for that!!)

Between all the print magazines I subscribe to (Vanity Fair, Lucky, Elle Decor, K-State Alumni Association) I sometimes forget to indulge in the newest Lonny until the second month in *case in point*. So here are my five favorite looks from this past issue. It was so tough to only pick five, I might have to have a supplemental T5T next week!!

1. glam, eclectic

inside architect Carlo Mollino's Italian apartment
It's no secret I love blue and white (hello fabulous floor!), the gold door is super glammy but not overly extravagant, and the use of books (obsession #1) is unexpected.


2. neutral, tranquil


What's not to love about this calming neutral color palette? I keep seeing friends repin similar interiors on Pinterest and agree that the whites, grays, beiges and tans go beautifully together. I can't get enough of the giraffe pillows!


3. fun, whimsy


I have a mirrored wall in my apartment and love the spaciousness and how it opens a room. Small details like the seashell-backed chairs, rug pattern and vintage dandelion chandelier make this room so interesting. There's probably 50 other cool funky things to be discovered in this one picture.


4. shiny, bold


Lacquered wall in peacock tone (obsession #2) makes this oak secretary pop, where it easily could have been hidden with a more muted color behind it. Love everything about this.


5. adventurous, vibrant


Can you believe this wallpaper came from SkyMall? For serious! I love that bathroom visitors can reminisce where they've traveled, and what's next, while washing up. The mirror is perfection. I'm thinking Blue Eyes would love this in the bathroom. I fly next week, I'll definitely be checking out SkyMall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger